Monday, November 15, 2010

The Minelab Safari

Hi everyone,
I hope the weekend was good for all. I just wanted to comment on the Minelab Safari a bit. I have noticed on a lot of forums that a lot of detectorists are not too sure about the machine. It uses the same FBS platform as the Etrac. With the implementation of a new microprocessor it is not the ole Quattro anymore. The recovery speed is much better now and it is an enjoyable instrument to use. I see also that the finds made using the Safari are really good ones. It is like most any detector, once you invest the time to become one with the instrument, your on your way to some good metal detecting experiences. You have the simplicity combined with the power of an excellent detector. I use mine mostly in the relic mode using ferrous audio. As for pinpointing, I use the toe or front end of the DD coil to zero in on my prey. I also like the fact that there is a good selection of coils to be had. If weight is a factor then get a harness with a D ring and bungee it up. I just wanted to share my confidence in the Safari too get the good ones and deep also. Ok adios for now and be safe in the field.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors

No comments:

Post a Comment