Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gold Panning Contest


Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I last posted anything but I wanted to let anyone know that reads this blog that the Llano chapter GPAA will be having their 5th annual gold panning contest and get together this next weekend Sept. 26- 27th in or near Llano, Texas. W.C. Jameson will be there selling his many books authored by himself. He is an interesting fellow I'm sure and I carry some of his treasure story books also. If you go best of luck !


John Tomlinson,CET

John's Detectors

3 comments:

  1. Panning in the sprawling shallows of the Llano River sounds like fun. Weather should be cool enough if the recent, welcome rains don't cause too much trouble. BTW,... I'm still quite enjoying the X-Terra 70 you sold to me a couple years back. Works like a champ just like you promised. -mike bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,
    Great to hear from you and I must say the Xterra line is hard to beat. I'm glad you like the X70 and I have the X705 now. I wanted to make it to the contest but I do have a fulltime job along with the business. Ok Mike thanks for signing in and stay in touch and I need to make new posts for people to read here. Good hunting with the X70 and be safe Mike !

    John Tomlinson,CET
    John's Detectors
    Blackwell,Tx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a couple of bucks of clad change today but the nicest find was a hatchet head, a hand ax, that cleaned up real nice. I put an edge on it today and will introduce a new ash handle tomorrow. Not exactly a treasure but certainly a cool find.

    ReplyDelete